Please fill out the Prospect Form and we’ll be in touch!
Semester: $2,691.00 (Does not include books)
Qualifying for Nevada Residency
Residency regulations have been established by the Board of Regents.
The following categories qualify for Nevada resident status:
- A member of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Full-time licensed personnel employed by a public school district in Nevada
- A teacher who is currently employed full time in Nevada
- A professional or classified employee of the University and Community College System of Nevada
- Company relocation (also applies to spouse and children)
- Family relocation to the state
- Millennium scholarship recipients
- A student who has lived in the state for a period of 12 months
Applying for Nevada Residency
To apply for residency, complete the Residency Application and include photocopies of supporting documents.
Mail or fax documentation to the Office of Admissions by the application deadline listed in the Academic Calendar and Registration Guide. Residency review for fall applications begins June 1; spring review begins Nov. 1.
Awards are offered to the UNLV entering freshmen class and eligible transfer students. This scholarship is not guaranteed to all students who meet the criteria because of funding limitations. Priority consideration is provided if the eligibility requirements are met and you are admitted by the February 1st deadline until scholarship funds expire. This scholarship is not considered an entitlement program. Students are encouraged to apply for admission to UNLV as early as possible.
Nonresident students are charged 150% of the in-state tuition rate. This is a tuition savings of several thousand dollars per year over the nonresident rate.
Minimum Freshmen Qualifications
Students must have a minimum weighted 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average within required core classes and must also have one of the following:
Additionally, students must:
- 3.25 unweighted overall high school grade point average (California students must have an unweighted overall 3.5 grade point average), or
- 24 ACT score, or
- 1,110 SAT score combined critical reading and math
- Enroll and complete at least 12 credit hours fall and spring semesters (credit requirement does not apply to the summer terms)
- Live in a UNLV residence hall the freshmen year
- Must be a student starting in the fall semester. Spring or summer admits are not eligible for this program.
Minimum Transfer Student Qualifications
- Must not exceed 130 transfer credit hours
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative transfer GPA
- Must enroll and complete at least 12 credit hours fall and spring semesters (credit requirement does not apply to the summer terms)
- Must be a transfer student starting fall semester. Spring or summer transfer students are not eligible for the program.
There is no application. The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office will review high school transcripts, test scores, transfer credits and transfer GPA’s from the Admission’s Office for eligibility. Priority consideration is based upon a first come, first considered basis up through July 1 of the upcoming school year.
- Must have continuous full time (12 credit hours or more) enrollment at UNLV with the exception of summer term enrollment
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average, including grades received during the summer term
- Must pass and complete 12 credits per semester (credit requirement does not apply to the summer terms, although the GPA requirement does apply)
- Must not exceed 130 credit hours of study as an undergraduate student
Average cost for out of state player:
First year out of state tuition: ($20,000.00)
Three year in state tuition: ($16,200.00)
Total: $36,200.00 (4 year Graduate)
For comparison, the current cost to attend Arizona State University as an out of state student is $42,000.00 per year.
Rebel Place is just minutes from campus and offer University of Nevada, Las Vegas students high-end features and A-List amenities at a great price. The apartments feature modern furniture packages, washers and dryers, private bedrooms and complimentary Internet and cable with HBO. Entertain your entourage at UNLV in the social backdrop of our resort-style swimming pool, hot tub, activity room and fitness centers. Unlike other Las Vegas apartments, they offer individual leases perfect for students and an online leasing system. We will place you with current hockey players who are currently living at Rebel Place.